Thunder-Spurs: Lil Wayne says he feels 'unwanted' at Oklahoma City arena
LOS ANGELES (AP) — Lil Wayne said that after a recent NBA playoffs ticket dispute he felt unwelcome and “unwanted” at the Oklahoma City arena and isn't planning to return.
Videoview all videos
Jun 3Kevin Durant scored 18 points in the fourth quarter and...
Jun 3Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson examine how Kevin Durant's...
Photoview all 45 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The rapper said two Thunder players — Kevin Durant and James Harden — had reached out to offer him tickets to Saturday's fourth game of the Western Conference Finals.
“That's not the point, though,” he told The Associated Press in an interview Friday night. “It's the players stepping up but of course the players aren't white. I don't want to be sitting there on behalf of you and I'm sitting next to a (person) that's like `I don't want this (guy) sitting next to me.' (Forget) you … I'm in Forbes,” he said, laughing.
Lil Wayne claimed in a tweet Thursday night that he had been “denied by the team to be in their arena.” The team responded by saying the seats he wanted were already taken.
But the Grammy-winning rapper, appearing at a Macy's store in Los Angeles to promote his Trukfit clothing line, described a more complicated scenario.
He said he typically procures tickets for such games “from this guy named Mike.” Lil Wayne said Mike had requested special security, parking and entrance for the rapper, but Mike said the team responded that they would only sell the seats for Mike's personal use.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 36498Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 32022Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 18998Oklahoma tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7837Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6469OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3675College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3601Student shot dead during botched home invasion