Thunder-Spurs Q&A: San Antonio's Manu Ginobili talks about trying to stop Kevin Durant
Ginobili: OKC's Kevin Durant hard to contain
The Spurs' Manu Ginobili discusses Game 4.
What did it look like trying to stop (Kevin Durant) those last five or six minutes?
Videoview all videos
Jun 3Kevin Durant scored 18 points in the fourth quarter and...
Jun 3Berry Tramel and Jenni Carlson examine how Kevin Durant's...
Photoview all 45 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Well, when a player that talented gets hot, he's really hard to contain. We tried different things, and they didn't work. He scored a bunch on a short period of time. When we tried to blitz or really help, he (passed) it. They made big shots. So it was hard because they were on a run. We were feeling good ourselves, and we just couldn't make a stop. We made a great effort in the second half, but we just couldn't contain him down the stretch.
Turnovers were a major factor in the loss in Game 3. Not so much tonight. What was the biggest factor tonight?
I think we moved the ball better. We were sharper, more in an attacking mode. We were better, just offensively. So we were happy with that part. We shot 50 percent, didn't turn the ball over. We didn't get as many assists, but we scored. Now it will be important to make some stops too. ... They shot 56 (percent). We are not a team that can afford to have that type of defensive performance.
You were down (at halftime) with Durant (scoring) only eight points, and the guys you wanted to take shots, Ibaka and Perkins, were hitting those shots.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 98297Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16555OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13177Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8674Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8399Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8073How to help tornado victims
- 7770Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort