Thunder will return to OKC leading series with Spurs 3-2
Wednesday night could be party time in Oklahoma City. The Thunder is coming home with a chance to win the Western Conference.
SAN ANTONIO — Wednesday night could be party time in Oklahoma City. The Thunder is coming home with a chance to win the Western Conference.
Videoview all videos
Jun 5James Harden scored 12 of his 20 points in the 4th...
Jun 5Darnell Mayberry and Berry Tramel break down OKC's...
Photoview all 26 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
In the biggest victory in Oklahoma City's National Basketball Association history, the Thunder swiped home-court advantage from the San Antonio Spurs with a 108-103 verdict in Game 5 of the Western Conference Finals Monday night at the AT&T Center.
Kevin Durant scored 27 points, Russell Westbrook added 25 and James Harden hit two huge 3-pointers down the stretch.
Game 6 is at 8 p.m. Wednesday back in Oklahoma City, with the Thunder holding a three games to two lead in the best-of-seven series.
The Spurs, who only a few days ago had won 20 straight games, now have lost three straight to the Thunder, which is a win away from reaching the NBA Finals.
“Total team effort,” said Thunder coach Scott Brooks. “We stuck together, and we had a couple of bad stretches, but we didn't break. We battled through.”
Harden's four-point play with 5:17 left gave the Thunder a 101-88 lead and sent some of the Spurs fans to the exit aisles. But San Antonio, which has won four NBA titles since 1999, mounted a comeback and drew within 101-99 with 1:54 left.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 62337Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 33106Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 31955Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14420Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 8241Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6093Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4001Oklahoma football: Jay Norvell working on luring a tall group of wide receivers to Norman