Thunder's Kendrick Perkins to miss 2-3 weeks with knee injury
The debut of the big man who is supposed to provide a stabilizing presence in the paint for the Oklahoma City Thunder has been put on hold.
Videoview all videos
Feb 26Kendrick Perkins, Nate Robinson and Nazr Mohammed talk...
Photoview all 20 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Newly acquired center Nazr Mohammed, who came over in a trade from Charlotte that sent D.J. White and Morris Peterson to the Bobcats, will be in uniform and is expected to play.
“It’s nice having another big that has some valuable experience. He can come in and step in,” Brooks said. “I envision him playing tomorrow. I don’t know how many minutes. We won’t put in a big package while he’s in the game, but enough that will put him in a position to have success.”
With Westbrook and steady backup point guard Eric Maynor, Brooks said it will be tough to find minutes for the 5-foot-9 Robinson. Even at shooting guard, Daequan Cook has created a bit of a logjam alongside Sefolosha and reserve James Harden.
“There might be some times and some opportunities where the game needs what Nate brings,” Brooks said. “Initially, it’s going to be a feel thing; see how the game is going, see how the flow is going.
“He’s a tough kid that plays hard and he plays with his heart. I love him. I love what he brings.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad