Thunder's Kendrick Perkins wants to clear his name
NewsOK Related Articles
According to White, Jackson, a member of the Milwaukee Bucks, was threatened with arrest for trying to calm the situation. Rondo had returned to his hotel and was not at the club. Durant, Harden and Maynor are not believed to have been at the club.
“These cops were out of hand,” White said.
Adams is considering filing a police brutality complaint against the arresting officers.
“Any person who's been wrongfully charged of a crime that they didn't commit you would expect to be disappointed in that. That's a natural reaction,” Adams said.
“I think it's something that will be cleared up. We just need time to work with the prosecutors, get all the information and complete the investigation.”
White also attempted to clear up Perkins' absence at the final day of his camp Friday, as well as the banquet Friday night that capped the event. She said Perkins was indeed dehydrated and ordered by doctors to stay at home and rest. Perkins fainted while playing dominoes Thursday night at Jackson's house and was taken to the hospital where he received three bags of fluid before being released. White said Perkins had been playing basketball with kids all day before playing pickup ball with the other athletes who were in town. The 100 degree heat and 100 percent humidity in Beaumont, White said, also played a part.
White said Perkins was in bed all day Friday but wanted to attend the party with friends since it was the last time he would see them while they were in town.
“Kendrick's a good kid, and his reputation is everything to him,” White said. “He has never been in any kind of trouble, so it's important for him to have the real facts out there.”
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 21911Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17670Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12642Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 10331Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9974Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 9639Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 7768OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures