Thunder's Kevin Durant injures rib
CLEVELAND — Thunder All-Star forward Kevin Durant left Saturday's game against the Cavaliers with a right rib contusion.
NewsOK Related Articles
Durant, the NBA's leading scorer, appeared to suffer the injury while hustling back on defense. He stayed in the game for several minutes and was moving slowly before he went to the locker room with 4:07 remaining in the third quarter. Durant was grabbing his lower back as he was escorted from the floor.
He returned to the bench during the final minute of the quarter.
Durant was only 4 of 13 from the field but was leading the Thunder with 19 points when he went out.
He's averaging 29.6 points for the Thunder, who came in with the league's second-best record.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims