Thunder's Kevin Durant injures rib
CLEVELAND — Thunder All-Star forward Kevin Durant left Saturday's game against the Cavaliers with a right rib contusion.
NewsOK Related Articles
Durant, the NBA's leading scorer, appeared to suffer the injury while hustling back on defense. He stayed in the game for several minutes and was moving slowly before he went to the locker room with 4:07 remaining in the third quarter. Durant was grabbing his lower back as he was escorted from the floor.
He returned to the bench during the final minute of the quarter.
Durant was only 4 of 13 from the field but was leading the Thunder with 19 points when he went out.
He's averaging 29.6 points for the Thunder, who came in with the league's second-best record.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 27859Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15705Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 9908Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 9405Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8491Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister
- 8399Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena