Thunder's Kevin Durant working on deal to star in film
Kevin Durant is ready for his close up.
The Oklahoma City Thunder star is on the verge of finalizing a deal to star in a major Warner Bros. film, The Oklahoman has learned.
Videoview all videos
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
The film, which has a basketball subplot, has not yet been named, but it's scheduled to go into production in mid-September, according to sources.
Filming location for the feature-length picture has been narrowed to Oklahoma City and Baton Rouge, La.
Neither Durant nor his representatives could be reached for comment.
The film, however, will mark the biggest off-the-court venture Durant has undertaken in his four-year pro basketball career. It also will solidify Durant's growing status as a superstar.
The film's impending announcement will only keep Durant in a spotlight he's thoroughly sequestered throughout an NBA offseason that has been clouded by a lockout.
With the league's labor dispute threatening to cancel some or all of the season, Durant, the reigning two-time scoring champion, has taken his talents to the country's best playgrounds and pro-am circuits. Durant has wowed crowds in New York, Los Angeles and Washington, D.C. with his scoring prowess and sharpshooting ability, adding Internet sensation to his long list of accomplishments.
News Photo Galleriesview all
VIDEOS FROM NBA TV
Buy Tickets View all
- 22333Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8521Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6853OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 6505OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 5318Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5086Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 4091Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater