Thunderstorms with high winds hit eastern SD
SIOUX FALLS, S.D. (AP) — Thunderstorms carrying high winds caused widespread damage Friday night through a wide area of South Dakota.
National Weather Service meteorologist Jeff Chapman says winds in excess of 100 mph hit some areas like Conde, Redfield and Brentford. A tornado touched down briefly three miles south of Conde.
Some of the worst damage was in Sprink County, where Main Street in Redfield was blocked off for about 30 minutes because streets were flooded.
KELO-TV reported (http://bit.ly/RluE41 ) that power was knocked out Friday night in Castlewood because of downed trees and power lines, but power was restored early Saturday morning.
Weather Photo Galleriesview all
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community