When Aldon Rutherford spends time at his ranch he comes home with good memories, beautiful pictures and, last August, two tick bites, reports CBS DFW.
A few hours later, “My feet started itching and it worked its way up,” Rutherford said. “I had huge hives around my waist. It was pretty ugly.”
After some internet digging and talking with doctors, Rutherford learned he’d contracted the alpha-gal allergy from his tick bites. It causes a potentially deadly allergic reaction to the carbohydrates in any type of mammal meat.
See this story on dfw.cbslocal.com