Tim Tebow: KWTV-9 likely will carry Denver Broncos' last 3 regular-season games
KOKH-25 missed grand opportunity to carry Broncos-Bears game
KWTV-9 has jumped on board “Tebow mania” and likely will carry all three of the Denver Broncos' final regular-season games.
KOKH-25 missed a grand opportunity Sunday to carry the Denver-Chicago game in which Tim Tebow rallied the Broncos to a 13-10 overtime victory. Since taking over as starting quarterback, the Heisman Trophy winner from Florida has led the Broncos to a 7-1 record with his last-minute heroics. The son of missionaries, Tebow regularly promotes his Christian faith during interviews.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
Fox carried the 3 p.m. Broncos-Bears game to 42 percent of the nation, including the St. Louis, Kansas City and Houston markets. The network assigned KOKH the noon New Orleans at Tennessee game, which went to 23 percent of the nation, and the game received only a 6.5 rating in Oklahoma City.
KWTV program director Kim Eubank said the station will carry the next two Broncos games — vs. New England at 3:15 p.m. Sunday and at Buffalo at noon Dec. 24 and likely also will air the Broncos' finale — vs. Kansas City at 3:15 p.m. Jan. 1.
The networks have been battling it out for the opportunity to show Tebow's games. NBC lost its bid to move Sunday's New England-Denver game to its Sunday night package when CBS blocked the switch.
Last week, Fox expanded its coverage of the Chicago-Denver game to almost half of the nation. A week before, it carried the Denver-Minnesota game to 70 percent of the country. That game received a 9.3 rating on KOKH.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims