Time to transform school
Obesity reduction among young people receives a lot attention in Oklahoma. It’s an important issue, but many young girls in our state are gaining weight from more than fat grams. It’s called pregnancy. Actually, it’s called unplanned, far-too-early pregnancy — coming years before they complete their education and are prepared to be a parent.Many are pregnant due to life situations that leave them victims of abuse, neglect, unhealthy relationships and a lack of proper adult guidance and protection. They are at high risk for poor...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 57337Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14801Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9259Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7518Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 6644Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 6577Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 6568How to help tornado victims