Time to transform school
Obesity reduction among young people receives a lot attention in Oklahoma. It’s an important issue, but many young girls in our state are gaining weight from more than fat grams. It’s called pregnancy. Actually, it’s called unplanned, far-too-early pregnancy — coming years before they complete their education and are prepared to be a parent.Many are pregnant due to life situations that leave them victims of abuse, neglect, unhealthy relationships and a lack of proper adult guidance and protection. They are at high risk for poor...
View full article on Oklahoman.com
How do I get Full Access?
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort