Tips for tucking in your garden for the cold months
OKC Beautiful's Gardening Tip of the Month
Beautiful things happening in OKC
• “ART: Art in Recycled Trash” exhibit, Nov. 15 through Feb. 15. Gallery opening party, 6 to 9 p.m. Nov. 15. Sponsored by OKC Beautiful and the Science Museum of Oklahoma, this is the second recycled art/Science Museum Oklahoma Upcycle Challenge in which participants collect items that would normally be trash to create works of art. See www.
• Lecture on hardy winter plants, 2 to 3 p.m. Nov. 17, Myriad Gardens.
• North Pole Winter Wonderland holiday exhibit, Nov. 25 through Jan. 1, Myriad Gardens.
• Holiday garland workshop, 1 to 3 p.m., Dec. 1, Myriad Gardens.
• Holiday boxwood tree workshop, 1 to 3 p.m., Dec. 2, Myriad Gardens.
OKC Beautiful's monthly Beautification Award winners
Each month, OKC Beautiful awards beautification awards. November's focus is on southeast and central Oklahoma City. The winners are:
• Organization: Positive Tomorrows
• Business: Rural Water Association, 1410 SE 15th.
• Residence: 227 NW 16th.
Want to help make OKC more beautiful? Check out www.
So enjoy your hot cocoa by the fire, but don't forget about your outdoor spaces. A little care now and they'll reward you come spring!
For 21 years, Loretta Aaron, an Oklahoma City gardening expert, was a beloved and well-known gardening columnist for The Oklahoman. Loretta died in 2009. Her cousin, Carla Sharpe, an OKC Beautiful board member and avid Master Gardener, copied and indexed Loretta's articles spanning many years. With the permission of Loretta's family, we will reprint some of Loretta's words of gardening wisdom each month.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion