Tipsarevic wins, Haase loses in 2nd round
CHENNAI, India (AP) — Second-seeded Janko Tipsarevic beat French player Edouard Roger-Vasselin 6-2, 6-3 Wednesday in the second round of the Chennai Open.
Tipsarevic, who had a bye in the first round, took a 3-0 lead and maintained the tempo to set up a quarterfinal match with Go Soeda of Japan.
Also, Aljaz Bedene of Slovenia defeated sixth-seeded Robin Haase of the Netherlands 7-5, 6-3, and fourth-seeded Stanislas Wawrinka beat German qualifier Cedrik Marcel-Stebe 6-4, 6-3.
Soeda beat Indian qualifier Prakash Amritraj 7-6 (2), 3-6, 6-4.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims