Titans re-sign DE Keyunta Dawson to 1-year deal
NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The Tennessee Titans have kept one of their pending free agents off the market, signing defensive end Keyunta Dawson to a one-year contract.
The Titans announced the deal Thursday. That leaves them with 16 players set to become free agents Tuesday.
Dawson originally signed with Tennessee last year, but the veteran played in the first three games of the season before a hamstring injury put him on injured reserve. But the 6-foot-3 Dawson did have three sacks in the preseason and was used as a pass rusher off the bench before his injury.
He has played in 63 career NFL games with 20 starts mostly in Indianapolis with two in Detroit before joining the Titans. He also has 109 tackles.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 12604Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10239Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9732Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9189Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6670Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 4472Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4240Oklahoma tornadoes: Sooners bring back some smiles to Sydney Angle's teammates