The lawsuit also claims that on Sept. 18, TLC requested that Gosselin be present for filming six days hence. He didn't respond to the request, and no filming took place on Sept. 24, the lawsuit says.
In light of Gosselin's alleged "erratic public behavior, unprofessional conduct and serial disregard for his contractual obligations," TLC on Sept. 29 announced the program would be relaunched in November as "Kate Plus Eight," with Jon Gosselin taking a back seat role to single mother Kate and the eight kids.
The lawsuit claims that he responded with a request to be released from his exclusive arrangement to pursue other paying opportunities while continuing to be compensated by TLC.
When TLC declined to comply with such a release, Gosselin notified TLC that he would attempt to bar TLC's access to the family property and filming of his children, the suit says, "on the grounds that it is purportedly detrimental to the children."
A few days later, Gosselin told CNN's "Larry King Live" that it's "not healthy" for his kids to continue appearing on the TLC reality show. He said he had had "an epiphany one day" and realized his 5-year-old sextuplets and 9-year-old twins shouldn't be filmed at the family's Pennsylvania home while their parents are going through a divorce.
TLC has since granted a judge's request that filming of the eight children be suspended.
TLC spokeswoman Laurie Goldberg said that, while both Kate and Jon Gosselin remain under exclusive contract to the network, the show's longtime future remains in question.
Meanwhile, Gosselin was been embroiled in a separate legal matter. Earlier this week, he was ordered to return $180,000 in marital funds by Oct. 26, according to a lawyer for his estranged wife. Kate Gosselin, meanwhile, must provide an accounting of past expenses by the same date, lawyer Mark Momjian said. And an arbitrator will review another $55,000 she says she spent on household and child-related expenses.
TLC is owned by Discovery Communications, LLC.