Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
p /> Rosenthal believes this experience will help carry her through college and into her place in ministry. Academic Commitment to Education (ACE) is another program offered through Edmond Public Schools to students wanting to pursue a teaching career. Hayden James, also a senior at Edmond Santa Fe, was selected to be in the program for the year. The program has allowed her to have hands-on experiences with students and teachers from different schools acorss the metro. James says that ACE has benefited her in many ways. “From methods of teaching to communicating with kids, ACE has given me the skills to become influential as a teacher,” she said. “The program is a great stepping stone for future educators, and it has helped me know what to expect in my field.” James goes once a week to Washington Irving Elementary School to observe teacher/student interactions. She also assists with grading students’ work and provides extra help to those students who need it.
Today's interns, tomorrow's leaders
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments