Toddler dies in crash near Ada
A young child died in a three-vehicle crash near Ada. The Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports the fatality.
ADA — A toddler died Tuesday in a Pontotoc County crash, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reports.
Reagan Mitchell, 22 months, died at an Ada hospital after a 5 p.m. crash on State Highway 19, about eight miles west of Ada, the patrol reports.
Reagan was a passenger in a Jeep driven by Whitney Griffith, 23, of Stratford, the patrol reports.
Griffith was driving west on SH 19 when a car driven by Sara Woods, 28, of Ada, was trying to make a left turn and stopped to yield for an eastbound tractor-trailer driven by Patrick Sanders, 35, of Tuskahoma. Griffith's Jeep failed to stop and hit the car driven by Woods from behind, the patrol reported. The Jeep overturned into the lane of the tractor-trailer. Seat belts were equipped and in use.
Griffith was taken to an Ada hospital. The patrol reports she was in stable condition Tuesday.
Woods was taken to a Chickasaw Nation medical center where she was treated and released.
Sanders was treated and released for injuries at the Ada hospital.
The crash remains under investigation.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 34808Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 28627Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 6992Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6680OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4639Tornadoes hit Kan., Okla.; no injuries reported
- 3921OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 3855Student shot dead during botched home invasion