Tommy Tuberville incident has many asking where the adult supervision is at Texas Tech
JENNI CARLSON COMMENTARY — Just a week after smacking the headset off an assistant coach, Texas Tech coach Tommy Tuberville will be roaming the visitors' sideline at Oklahoma State. After watching video of the incident, and hearing Tuberville's excuse, you have to wonder if he should be.
Videoview all videos
Nov 16Football Friday Hangout: Nov. 16, 2012
Nov 15What are the three things to watch for in the Cowboys'...
Oct 26Oct. 26, 2012: Mike Sherman leads a Google Hangout...
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
But now, Texas Tech is doing nothing about Tuberville. It sends an extremely mixed message.
Behavior like this isn't OK — until it is.
Tuberville did apologize to the grad assistant, Kevin Oliver, for his actions.
“After watching the film when I got home,” he said Monday, “it was obvious what a lot of people were upset about and it upset me, too.”
According to media reports during that press conference, Tuberville got emotional while talking about the incident.
Hey, that's good. He feels badly. He is contrite.
But that doesn't change the fact that he deserves to be punished for what he did. He should be sitting in Lubbock, not coaching in Stillwater.
Jenni Carlson: Jenni can be reached at (405) 475-4125. Like her at facebook.com/JenniCarlsonOK, follow her at twitter.com/jennicarlson_ok or view her personality page at newsok.com/jennicarlson.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13851OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 13814Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 9624Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 7322Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 7022Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 5771Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5205Student shot dead during botched home invasion