Top 25 Capsules
NEW ORLEANS (AP) — Jeffery Taylor scored 18 points and Vanderbilt rallied to beat No. 1 Kentucky 71-64 in the Southeastern Conference tournament championship game Sunday, ending the Wildcats' 24-game winning streak.
John Jenkins and Festus Ezeli both had 17 points for Vanderbilt (24-10), which last won the SEC tournament in 1951.
Kentucky (32-2) didn't score a field goal over the final 8:04 and shot just 35.9 percent from the field (23 of 64).
Darius Miller scored 16 points for Kentucky while Terrence Jones and Anthony Davis both added 12.
After a dunk by Miller with 8:04 left, the Wildcats missed 14 consecutive shots from the field to lose for the first time since Dec. 10.
It also spoiled the Wildcats' perfect season against SEC competition. Kentucky is 18-1 against SEC opponents.
Vanderbilt has won four of five games heading into the NCAA tournament.
NO. 17 FLORIDA ST. 85, NO. 4 NORTH CAROLINA 82
ATLANTA (AP) — Tournament MVP Michael Snaer scored 18 points and Florida State used a barrage of 3-pointers to win the ACC tournament championship for the first time since joining the conference in 1991.
Florida State (24-9) beat the Tar Heels by 33 points during the regular season.
North Carolina (29-5) nearly came all the way back from a 16-point deficit in the first half. P.J. Hairston missed a tying 3 at the buzzer.
It was the first time since Maryland's title in 2004 that a team outside the state of North Carolina won the tournament.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 19883Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 16750Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12000Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 11023Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 8434Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8422Tulsa man tells police he smashed woman's head with machete in self-defense
- 7521Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments