Top 25 Capsules
UPPER MARLBORO, Md. (AP) — Elena Delle Donne had 21 points and 11 rebounds, and No. 15 Delaware defeated UNC Wilmington 51-43 Friday to extend its school-record winning streak to 23 games and advance to the semifinals of the Colonial Athletic Association tournament.
Striving for their second straight CAA title, the top-seeded Blue Hens (28-3) will face fifth-seeded Hofstra on Saturday. The Pride beat Northeastern 57-52.
Coming off a first-round bye, the Blue Hens missed 16 of their first 18 shots from the floor against UNCW (5-26) and trailed 20-15 at halftime. The Seahawks kept the pressure on in the second half — they led 30-28 with 12 minutes left — before Delle Donne scored seven points in an 11-2 run that made it 39-32 with 6:42 remaining.
Delaware has won 41 straight CAA games, including the postseason.
Kelva Atkins scored 13 for the Seahawks, who used only five players the entire game.
No. 20 GREEN BAY 71, DETROIT 54
GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Megan Lukan scored 19 points, leading four players in double figures, and Green Bay beat Detroit in a Horizon League semifinal game.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 13061Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11652Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 5853Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 5268Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4547OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 4352Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 4093Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law