Top Ind. senator seeks gas plant contract review
"We have trusted that the state was good for their word," Lubber said. "This isn't a game; we would be investing $750 million of our money and borrowing another $1.9 billion we will be obligated to repay. We regarded Indiana as a stable committed partner. Being so easily frightened into second guessing is not the kind of thing you want to see when you are investing nearly $3 billion."
Sen. Doug Eckerty, R-Yorktown, has introduced legislation that would restructure a 30-year contract agreed to between the Indiana Finance Authority and Indiana Gasification. House Speaker Brian Bosma, R-Indianapolis, said Thursday he supports reviewing the deal.
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 15918Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 8813OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 6389Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5669Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 5503OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4833Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater