COMPANY | Seattle Times Company
NFL Playoffs notebook: Former Sooners impressed by Robert Griffin III January 05, 2013 Former Oklahoma offensive linemen Chris Chester and Trent Williams were impressed by rookie quarterback Robert Griffin III, who helped the Washington Redskins end the season on a seven-game winning streak to win the NFC East. “He's such a threat that he requires all 11 sets of eyes from the defense,” said... Read More
NBA Finals: Oklahoma City vs. Miami series is also Cleveland vs. Seattle June 16, 2012 Cleveland fans jilted by LeBron James and Seattle fans jilted by the departure of the Sonics franchise for Oklahoma City have their own rooting interests in this series. Read More
Other disabled athletes February 10, 2002 Jim Abbott Baseball pitcher Born without his right hand. Burst onto the scene during the 1987 Pan American Games, becoming the first U.S. pitcher to defeat Cuba in 25 years. Led Team USA to Olympic gold in 1988. Threw a no-hitter for the Yankees on Sept. 4, 1993, against the Indians. Retired in 1999 after 10... Read More
Understanding the BCS November 21, 2001 Here's a quick cram on how the various rankings turn intopoints, which turn into deciding who will be Nos. 1 and 2 and playing inthis season's title game, hosted by the Rose Bowl on January 3 inPasadena. 2001-02 Bowl Schedule Read More
Mason, other players from Class of 2000 support OSU family February 03, 2001 STILLWATER Deep in a hall of Gallagher-Iba Arena after the memorial service Wednesday, a tall, grayed gentleman stopped and took the arm of the strapping young man. "Now you know the reason I came to this school," Bob Mattick said to Brian Montonati. Now you know why Desmond Mason left his NBA team, a... Read More
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad