Tottenham beats QPR 2-1 in Premier League
LONDON (AP) — Tottenham scored two goals in a three-minute span in the second half to earn a come-from-behind 2-1 win over Queens Park Rangers in the Premier League on Sunday to give manager Andre Villas-Boas his first home victory at the club.
Bobby Zamora had given the visitors the lead in the 33rd minute, but Tottenham equalized through an own goal by Alejandro Faurlin in the 59th.
In-form striker Jermain Defoe then secured the win for the hosts in the 62nd, tapping in a rebound from close range.
After a poor start, Tottenham now has two wins in a row to have eight points from five games. QPR are in the relegation zone with just two points.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort