Traffic accidents leave two dead in Oklahoma
Two people were killed in crashes late Saturday and Sunday morning, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Two people were killed in crashes over the weekend, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Janice Sue Smith, 64, Stilwell
About 11 a.m. Sunday, Janice Smith was a passenger in a pickup driven by Anthony James Smith, 46, of Stilwell.
The pickup was northbound on U.S. 59, about two miles south of Stilwell in Adair County.
The vehicle left the road and struck a tree, troopers said.
Janice Smith died at the scene. Anthony Smith was treated and released at a nearby hospital, the patrol reported.
Both were wearing seat belts, troopers said.
Stephen Seifert, 45, Grove
About 10 p.m. Saturday, Seifert was driving a motorcycle east on a Delaware County road, about two miles south and about four miles east of Grove.
The bike left the road while going around a curve and struck a fence post, troopers said.
Seifert died at the scene.
He was not wearing a helmet, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11731OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 9188Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6809Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 5811Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5608Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4406Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 4394Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments