Traffic Talk: Election signs keep drivers grinning
Don Gammill: Bumpers, billboards along roadways show humor, seriousness of an election year
• Sorry if you did, but I DIDN'T waste my vote. (With photo of woman circled and a diagonal line through it, a Western state.)
• If (candidate's name here) is the answer, how stupid was the question?
• Am I undecided? Well, yes and no.
• Enjoying your drive on this road? Thank (incumbent). (Billboard in the Midwest.)
• In America, anyone can be president. That's one of the risks you take.
• Stop repeat offenders. Don't re-elect them.
• We're all in this together. Don't forget to vote.
It helps to have a sense of humor.
By the way ...
If this applies to you, please read it carefully: “The Department of Transportation wants to remind candidates and campaign volunteers to avoid embarrassment and be safe by observing the state law by not placing campaign signs in state rights of way or on overpasses.”
Not only is it unsightly, it's illegal and it's dangerous. No one needs to vote on this. It's already decided.
Enjoy your week and drive safely.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21139Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 17655Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 12237Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated
- 9661Rx drug bills sent to Oklahoma governor
- 9306Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8802Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 8735Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater