Traffic Talk: Sometimes Santa gets requests about road, traffic issues
Don Gammill: It's that special time of giving and receiving, as well as fulfilling Christmas wishes. Sometimes that's an easy road to travel. Other times, there are detours, bumps and a variety of similar obstacles.
Merry Christmas, all! Best wishes to you and yours this joyous holiday.
It's that special time of giving and receiving, as well as fulfilling Christmas wishes. Sometimes that's an easy road to travel. Other times, there are detours, bumps and a variety of obstacles.
Here are some of the transportation-related requests and wishes readers have submitted this year:
I wish (Oklahoma City) crews would be prohibited from working on multiple projects at the same time that block off more than two streets in a square mile. — Carrie
Multiple construction areas sometimes are necessary, Carrie, especially when they are related. But those occurring in heavily traveled areas compound the problem. Prohibit them? Unlikely.
Dear Santa: Could you please send my husband some patience? He has the worst luck in catching a red light at every intersection, then gripes the whole time he's waiting for it to change. I think he would live longer if he would just learn to wait. — Karen
Dear Karen: I think I have just what your husband needs. It's a new CD featuring famous love songs. Each is slow and soothing. If that doesn't work, he can use the coupon I'm tossing in for the anger management class.
All I want for Christmas is for the work on the Kilpatrick Turnpike to be finished. It's dangerous trying to navigate through those poorly marked areas. That high bridge heading onto the Hefner Parkway from the turnpike needs to be finished soon. — Jim
It won't be done in time for Christmas, Jim, but the work is progressing and it won't be much longer, weather permitting. As for the “poorly marked areas,” there are a few spots that could use some brighter lines, for sure. But overall, if you maintain proper speed, you can negotiate the trip safely.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 79546Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 30543Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 28179Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 26729Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 7711Bounty hunters look for bail jumpers, fugitives on the streets of Oklahoma City
- 7142Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 7088Oklahoma tornadoes: Several homes damaged by tornado, but no injuries in Edmond