3. Goldencents (Doug O'Neill, Kevin Krigger): Sham winner worked 6 furlongs in 1:10.40 last week at Santa Anita. … Son of Into Mischief has won three of four starts for trainer of 2012 Derby, Preakness winner I'll Have Another. … Next start: San Felipe, Santa Anita, March 9. … Odds: 20-1.
4. Verrazano (Pletcher, John Velazquez): Worked 5 furlongs in 59.21 Monday at Palm Meadows. … Has two wins at Gulfstream by combined 24 lengths. … Next start: Tampa Bay Derby, Tampa Bay Downs, March 9. … Odds: 11-1.
5. Orb (Shug McGaughey, Velazquez): McGaughey looking at first Derby runner since Saarland in `02. … Made it three in a row with half-length win in Fountain of Youth. … Next start: Florida Derby. … Odds: 8-5 (mutuel field).
6. Flashback (Bob Baffert, Julien Leparoux): Worked 6 furlongs in 1:11 Monday at Santa Anita. … Robert B. Lewis winner owned by Gary and Mary West. … Next start: San Felipe. … Odds: 12-1.
7. Super Ninety Nine (Baffert, Rafael Bejarano): Southwest winner is 2-for-2 and needs to impress in next start for Derby consideration … Could run next at either Oaklawn or home at Santa Anita. … Next start: Undecided. Odds: 47-1.
8. Overanalyze (Pletcher, Velazquez): Johnny V could be facing some tough choices for his Derby mount. … Remsen winner worked 4 furlongs in 48.75 Monday at Palm Meadows. … Next start: Gotham, Aqueduct, Saturday. … Odds: 33-1.
9. Revolutionary (Pletcher, Javier Castellano): Withers winner worked 4 furlongs in 48.43 Monday at Palm Meadows. … A big race in next start could see him move up in rankings. … Next start: Tampa Bay Derby. … Odds: 13-1.
10. Ive Struck A Nerve: (Keith Desormeaux, James Graham): Sneaks in after winning Risen Star at odds of 135-1. … Had done little of note previously, but merits consideration for now. … Next start: Louisiana Derby, Fair Grounds, March 30. … Odds: 8-5 (mutuel field).
Keep an eye on: Code West, Den's Legacy, Dynamic Sky, Oxbow, Uncaptured.