Free training on the payment of prevailing wage rates and payroll requirements for federally assisted construction contracts will be provided on May 23 at the Francis Tuttle Technology Center, 12777 N Rockwell in Oklahoma City. Sponsors are the civil rights division of the Oklahoma Department of Transportation and the U.S. Department of Labor, Wage and Hour Division. Any contractor personnel responsible for the preparation and submittal of certified payrolls would benefit. Training will be from 9 a.m. to 3 p.m. Walk-ins are welcome. For information, call 521-6046.
College costs discussed
BOSTON — Rising college costs have become an election campaign issue. President Barack Obama spoke at three campuses last week, vowing to keep student loans affordable. He's also threatened to cut federal aid for colleges that fail to keep tuition increases in check. As a necessity, parents and their children should pay close attention to the costs they'll pay and the schools they select. Yet many apparently are giving comparatively little thought to the cost of saving for college. It's an important consideration, because those fees can significantly cut into investment returns and the accumulated savings.
From staff and
Business Photo Galleriesview all
- 100558Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 15302OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 13338Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 8709Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area
- 8075Oklahoma tornadoes: Love for Oklahoma generates big donation
- 8036How to help tornado victims
- 7986Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort