Transportation department launches car safety app
WASHINGTON (AP) — The Transportation Department is launching a free app for iPhones and iPods that gives real-time vehicle safety information.
Consumers can use the "SaferCar" app to look for crash test ratings for vehicles by make and model. They can also use the app to file a vehicle safety complaint, find recall information, subscribe to recall notices and find the nearest car seat installation station.
Vehicle safety information is also available on SaferCar.gov, run by the National Highway Traffic Safety Administration. The agency is developing a version of the app for Android devices.
For more information:
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 81135Read live updates from the May 20 Moore tornado
- 32459Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims
- 10241At least 51 die in Oklahoma tornado, official says
- 7786Tornado in Oklahoma City suburb causes destruction