Trash truck trip provides lesson for Edmond Beautiful
Members of Edmond Beautiful took a ride Friday on the city's sanitation trucks to raise awareness among residents about the importance of tying up trash bags. They are encouraging people to bag and tie their trash to keep Edmond clean.
EDMOND — Former Mayor Saundra Naifeh and members of Edmond Beautiful got a firsthand look Friday at the blowing trash throughout Edmond while city sanitation crews collected trash from residential carts.
They took a ride on city sanitation trucks to raise awareness among residents about the importance of tying up trash bags.
“I learned a lot,” said Naifeh, president of Edmond Beautiful. “They are very professional and they care what the city looks like. They are so aware that the little things make such a difference.
Naifeh said Friday's windy weather was perfect for their ride on the trash routes.
“A third of the carts were full of leaves, grass and branches and they would blow out and around,” Naifeh said. “There is a simple solution — tie your trash.”
A number of the cart lids were not closed which also caused problems, she said.
Naifeh, who admitted to getting some black grease in her hair Friday, said she is going to make changes in how she disposes of trash at her home.
“Close your lids and tie your trash,” Naifeh said.
Edmond Beautiful will be distributing the information collected Friday in an effort to keep Edmond clean.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 36901Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 36295Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 32626Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 8549Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 5487OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 4132Oklahoma City Thunder: What could Serge Ibaka learn from Hakeem Olajuwon?
- 4021Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad