• Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
• Avoid close contact with sick people.
• Be sure you are up-to-date with all of your shots, and if possible, see your health care provider at least 4 to 6 weeks before travel to get any additional shots.
• If you are sick, cover your mouth with a tissue when you cough or sneeze, and throw the tissue in the trash.
• Avoid contact with other people to keep from infecting them.
When should someone see a health care provider?
You should see a health care provider if you develop a fever and symptoms of lower respiratory illness, such as cough or shortness of breath, within 10 days after traveling from countries in or near the Arabian Peninsula. You should tell the health care provider about your recent travel.