Travis Townsend leads Edmond North comeback over Edmond Santa Fe
EDMOND — This wasn't the senior night quarterback Travis Townsend and the rest of the Edmond North team had envisioned.
Videoview all videos
Oct 30Travis Townsend leads Edmond North comeback over Edmond...
Photoview all 17 photos
NewsOK Related Articles
There were throws into the ground, attempts that were behind receivers and one was picked off in the first half.
But that's why there are two halves.
Townsend completed his first eight passes of the second half to lead the Huskies to a 17-10 come-from-behind victory against rival Edmond Santa Fe on Friday night at Wantland Stadium.
"We came out fired up in the second half," Townsend said. "It was just an all-around effort. We executed and knew what was at stake. This is Santa Fe. We wanted this one."
Early on, it was the Wolves (1-8, 1-5) who clearly wanted the game more. The defense forced two turnovers in the first half, and quarterback Ty Hensley scored a rushing touchdown to give Santa Fe a 10-0 lead in the second quarter.
But after Townsend was picked off by Brandon Reece, the senior settled down. He orchestrated a touchdown drive before halftime, finding Kyle Aschenbrenner from eight yards out.
And after halftime, Townsend was red hot. He connected with four different receivers on the 76-yard scoring drive, culminating with a 14-yard touchdown pass to Garrett Molinsky.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 81708Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 16515OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 12409Oklahoma tornado: Names of dead released; missing individuals located
- 12217Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 12064Clippers' Donald Sterling hints coach let go to keep Chris Paul
- 10403Oklahoma tornadoes: Red Cross text donations not designated for Oklahoma
- 9163How to help tornado victims