Troubled Nichols Hills attorney is removed from court during arraignment
Amy McTeer, an attorney from the Oklahoma City suburb of Nichols Hills, was removed from the Logan County courtroom during her arraignment Tuesday. McTeer faces charges in four criminal cases.
Photoview all photos
NewsOK Related Articles
She told the judge Tuesday that she became uncomfortable with the man and didn't want to go further with him. She also admitted having several drug relapses.
Last month, McTeer was charged in Oklahoma County with child endangerment, after telling police she was under the influence of methamphetamine while caring for four children — two belonging to her. The children were placed in state custody.
McTeer also is charged with two felonies — harboring a fugitive in Oklahoma County and assisting a prisoner escape in Canadian County. The fugitive was McTeer's boyfriend. She represented him in 2008 after he was caught with methamphetamine while on probation.
She also is facing suspension by the Oklahoma Bar Association.
McTeer remained in the Guthrie city jail Tuesday.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 25585Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 23461Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims