True conservatives disappointed by election outcome
The much-anticipated election is over and the results are a disappointment to true conservatives. The GOP stumbled its way into a defeat, losing important Senate and House seats. The elites proved they're for themselves, not the people.
NewsOK Related Articles
President Obama says he wants to reach out and wants to improve employment. If you believe that, then peaches and sweet cream are served in hell. The higher taxes he wants won't be used to pull down the national debt. Neither will any duplicate and wasteful programs be eliminated. The federal government and Congress will spend the money wastefully as they always do.
Small businesses are withdrawing their future plans to expand. Many will be closing. Caterpillar has already announced the closing of several plants because the coal industry is in the crosshairs of the Obama administration. When the military is diminished, the suppliers will be closing or laying off people. This is just the beginning of what the “people” voted for. I hope they enjoy their choice.
Robert Bostick, Altus
Readers wishing to respond to a letter to the editor can submit a response.
Voices Photo Galleriesview all
- 46110Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14982Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 9556Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 8109Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 7765Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 7102Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 7082Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena