Try out the new Microsoft Surface tablet at a new store
Microsoft has opened a holiday kiosk at Penn Square Mall to let users get a feel for the Surface with Windows RT tablet.
At the kiosk, Jones demonstrated the Microsoft 8's new “live tile interface,” a beautiful navigation system that helps users swoop through tiles to find the application they want to use.
Cost is $499 for a 32GB tablet only. For a tablet that includes a super-thin black “Touch Cover” keyboard, cost is $599 (32GB) and $699 (64GB). Colored “Touch Cover” or black “Type Cover” (for a more traditional typing feel) keyboards cost about $20 to $30 more.
The Surface has a microSDXC card slot to add up to 64 GB of extra storage, an HD video port to connect the device to your TV and a USB port for other connections as well. It offers Flash compatibility for certain websites.
Even though the app store isn't as evolved as Google Android's or Apple's, the Surface tablet is an appealing choice if you want to find a sweet spot between a laptop and a tablet.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 13758Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9630Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 9095Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 8238Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6533Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 6005Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 5369Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister