Try out the new Microsoft Surface tablet at a new store
Microsoft has opened a holiday kiosk at Penn Square Mall to let users get a feel for the Surface with Windows RT tablet.
At the kiosk, Jones demonstrated the Microsoft 8's new “live tile interface,” a beautiful navigation system that helps users swoop through tiles to find the application they want to use.
Cost is $499 for a 32GB tablet only. For a tablet that includes a super-thin black “Touch Cover” keyboard, cost is $599 (32GB) and $699 (64GB). Colored “Touch Cover” or black “Type Cover” (for a more traditional typing feel) keyboards cost about $20 to $30 more.
The Surface has a microSDXC card slot to add up to 64 GB of extra storage, an HD video port to connect the device to your TV and a USB port for other connections as well. It offers Flash compatibility for certain websites.
Even though the app store isn't as evolved as Google Android's or Apple's, the Surface tablet is an appealing choice if you want to find a sweet spot between a laptop and a tablet.
Life Photo Galleriesview all
- 14589OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 8609Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 6402Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6393Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 6018Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers
- 5816Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4098As Boy Scouts' vote on gay members nears, faith groups weigh in