Twins place CF Denard Span on disabled list
MINNEAPOLIS (AP) — The Minnesota Twins have placed center fielder Denard Span on the 15-day disabled list with an injured collarbone.
Span strained the right side of his collarbone while diving to make a catch against Tampa Bay on Aug. 12. He has missed 13 of the 17 games since the injury, with Ben Revere taking over the bulk of the work in center. The move is retroactive to Tuesday.
Span is hitting .286 with three homers and 35 RBIs this season.
The Twins say they will announce a corresponding roster move when they arrive in Kansas City on Friday.
Span says he was surprised by the decision. But he also says he knows it's "not fair to the team" to keep coming in and scratching himself from the lineup.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 90847Oklahoma weather: Severe storm updates
- 47098Oklahoma tornadoes: 'It took it all'
- 38051Oklahoma devastated by second round of twisters
- 30921Oklahoma State football: Limiting Wes Lunt's transfer options makes Mike Gundy look bad
- 13823Oklahoma City tornado so large, may not be recognized, officials say
- 12196Several kids pulled out of Oklahoma school rubble alive
- 11468How to help tornado victims