Twins put lefty Diamond on 15-day DL
FORT MYERS, Fla. (AP) — The Minnesota Twins have put left-hander Scott Diamond on the 15-day disabled list as he continues his recovery from arthroscopic surgery on his pitching elbow.
Diamond is projected as one of the team's top starters this season after going 12-9 with a 3.54 ERA last year.
The Twins also announced right-hander Anthony Swarzak was put on the 15-day list as he recovers from rib fractures. Swarzak was hurt in January while wrestling with teammates at a fan festival.
Sports Photo Galleriesview all
- 82322Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14350Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8268Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7560Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7513How to help tornado victims
- 6279Rock, pop, country acts give talents and time to help Oklahoma tornado victims
- 5999Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community