Two arrested on robbery, kidnapping complaints in Logan County
Randale Anderson, 19, and Sir Demarco Dartnayon Bledsoe, 23, were arrested at Langston University on Saturday morning, accused of beating, robbing and shooting a man they met in Edmond Friday night, authorities said.
Two men were arrested Saturday morning at Langston University, accused of beating, robbing and shooting a man they met in Edmond, authorities said.
Randale Anderson, 19, and Sir Demarco Dartnayon Bledsoe, 23, were booked into Logan County jail on robbery and kidnapping complaints, Oklahoma State Bureau of Investigation spokeswoman Jessica Brown said.
Bledsoe was a defensive back for Langston University's football team in 2011, and previously had played for Texas Christian University and Youngstown State University, according to a player bio.
About 9 p.m. Friday, James Sykes, 23, picked up two men he didn't know at the Central Plaza apartments on the University of Central Oklahoma campus and drove to Interstate 35.
During the ride, the men pulled a gun on Sykes, robbed and beat him before shooting him once in the leg, Brown said.
The car swerved from the road, hit an embankment and the assailants fled, Brown said.
About 10 p.m., a passer-
Sykes was flown to OU Medical Center to be treated for the gunshot wound, which is not considered to be life-
Logan County sheriff's deputies arrested the men about 8:30 a.m. Saturday at Langston University, Brown said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 101883Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 13737Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 10731Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 9553OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents
- 8470Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7788How to help tornado victims
- 7217Line of storms brings flash floods to Oklahoma City area