Two dead in separate accidents in Oklahoma
A vehicle-train collision claims man's life, and a woman is killed in a Kay County collision near Ponca City.
Two people died in traffic accidents on Oklahoma roads on Wednesday. Dead are:
Janet Butzback, 43, Blackwell
A woman is dead after a Wednesday collision in Kay County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol said. The accident occurred about 4:30 p.m. when a pickup failed to yield to Butzback's car, striking the driver's side, at the intersection of S T Street and W Tower Road near Ponca City, troopers said. Butzback was pronounced dead at the scene. The driver of the pickup, Colt Bohon, 26, of Ponca City, was taken to the hospital and treated for injuries and released, the highway patrol said.
A man died in a vehicle-train collision about 11:45 a.m. Wednesday near Elm Street and Radio Road, El Reno Fire Chief Kent Lagaly said. The train was traveling westbound when it collided with the vehicle. The man inside was pronounced dead at the scene, Lagaly said. El Reno police are withholding the man's name pending notification of family members.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 21543Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 10852Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 8707Oklahoma tornadoes: Thunder reverses the role, takes a turn at cheering on the community
- 8666Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8648Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7837Blake Shelton's "Healing the Heartland" televised tornado benefit set for Wednesday at Chesapeake Energy Arena
- 7718Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister