Two die in accidents on Oklahoma roads
Two men died in accidents on Oklahoma roadways.
Two men have died after accidents on Oklahoma roads.
Jeffrey Lyn Willis, 45, of Yukon
Willis died as a result of a motorcycle crash Sunday in Oklahoma City, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported Wednesday. Willis was traveling at an unsafe speed around a curve when he lost control and crashed about 11:25 p.m. on Interstate 44 just north of Interstate 240, the patrol reports. He was not wearing a helmet.
Samuel R. Cruz, 30, of Durant
Cruz died after he was pinned between a pickup and a trailer about 6 p.m. Tuesday just east of Durant in Bryan County, according to the patrol. He was stopped along U.S. 70 and was picking up debris that had fallen off a trailer when an eastbound pickup hit the trailer, according to the patrol report. Cruz died at the scene. The driver of the eastbound pickup, Eddie Claborn Jr., 82, of Durant, was treated at a hospital and released.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12316OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 7699Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 6657Student shot dead during botched home invasion
- 6438Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 5739Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 4894Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 4675Soaring gasoline prices hurt Oklahoma City area retailers