Six die in Oklahoma vehicle crashes
Six people died in Oklahoma vehicle wrecks, including a driver who crashed into an Oklahoma City business early Sunday, authorities said.
Six people were killed in crashes in Oklahoma late Saturday and early Sunday, including four in a wreck in Ottawa County on Sunday afternoon, authorities said.
Samantha Delamatter, 19, Fairland
George Willis, 39, Webb City, Mo.
Drake Cobb, 14, Garland, Texas
Syrrena Sanderson, 13, Garland, Texas
About 4:20 p.m., an eastbound car driven by Willis went left of center on U.S. 60, about three miles east of Wyandotte, and struck a westbound pickup head-on, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
All four people were pronounced dead at the scene, troopers said.
Cobb and Syrrena Sanderson were passengers in Willis' car, as was Maryssa Sanderson, 7, of Garland, Texas, who was taken in serious condition to a Joplin, Mo. hospital. Delamatter was a passenger in the westbound pickup driven by Spencer Anderson, 22, of Fairland, who was treated and released from a hospital.
Kyle Bacon, 30, Jay
About 11:40 p.m. Saturday, Bacon was headed west on State Highway 20, about a mile east of Jay, when the pickup he was driving left the road and rolled three times, the patrol reported.
Bacon died at the scene. He was not wearing a seat belt, troopers said.
Oklahoma City police responded to a crash at 2:45 a.m. Sunday at Little Giant Pump Co., 3810 N Tulsa Ave. A southbound vehicle veered off the road and crashed into the building. Officers found the driver, whose name has not been released, dead inside the vehicle.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 12959Oklahoma State football: Todd Monken thinks Wes Lunt should've stayed in Stillwater
- 12915Oklahoma medical examiner reports cause of deaths in Grand Lake boat crash
- 12323OKC Thunder: Thunder trio praise fans before potential departures
- 10047Report: OSU blocking Wes Lunt from transferring to the SEC, Big 12 and Southern Miss
- 8563Oklahoma football: Sooners get pair of commitments
- 6689Oklahoma City Thunder: Amnesty Kendrick Perkins?
- 6158Rockets guard Patrick Beverley bombarded with hateful Tweets after Thunder get eliminated