Two die in separate accidents on Oklahoma roads
Charles Frederick Allen, 65 of Oklahoma City, and Johnny Lanor McGinnis, 40 of Bristow, died in separate accidents, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
An Oklahoma City man died after his motorcycle crashed on Interstate 40 in Canadian County and a Bristow man died after his car left the road and rolled in Creek County, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Charles Fredrick Allen, 65, Oklahoma City
Allen was riding a motorcycle about 3 p.m. Saturday eastbound on Interstate 40 east of Garth Brooks Boulevard in Canadian County when the bike fell to the ground and slid almost 40 feet, troopers said. Allen was taken to OU Medical Center where he died early Sunday. He was not wearing a helmet, troopers said.
Johnny Lanor McGinnis, 40, Bristow
McGinnis was driving southbound about 11:15 p.m. Saturday on State Highway 48, two miles south of State Highway 33 in Creek County. The car ran off the road and rolled twice, troopers said. McGinnis died at the scene. He was wearing his seatbelt and airbags deployed, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 13360Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 9892Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9697Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 8639Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 6622Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit
- 5282Oklahoma tornadoes: Woman meets the military officer who shared the clothes off his back
- 4594Story behind the photo: Family members describe desperate search for one another after EF5 twister