Two die in wrecks Sunday on Oklahoma roads
Margie Lynn Short, 60, of Stonewall, and Jesse Martinez, 29, of Hammon, died in separate single-vehicle wrecks Sunday, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Two people died Sunday in separate single-vehicle wrecks on state roads, the Oklahoma Highway Patrol reported.
Margie Lynn Short, 60, Stonewall
About 12:15 p.m., Short was driving west on U.S. 59, about 6 miles northeast of Stratford in McClain County. Her car went off the road and rolled.
Short, who was not wearing a seat belt, died at the scene, troopers said.
Jesse Martinez, 29, Hammon
About 6:30 a.m., Martinez was driving a pickup eastbound on State Highway 33 four miles west of Hammon in Roger Mills County. The pickup went off the road, hit an embankment and rolled, troopers said. Martinez, who was not wearing a seat belt, died at the scene, troopers said.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10457Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9286Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5848Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4983Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4420Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4301Oklahoma tornadoes: Price family recovering after some heavy blows
- 4216How to help tornado victims