Share “Two hospitalized with throat burns after...”

Two hospitalized with throat burns after eating contaminated Skittles

www.wcpo.com Published: March 5, 2014
Advertisement

INDIANAPOLIS (AP) -- Indiana health officials say packages of Original Skittles sold at an eastern Indiana store were contaminated and that two people who ate from one package needed hospital treatment for burning throats, cramping and diarrhea.



State Health Department spokeswoman Amy Reel said Wednesday night that preliminary tests showed the candy sold in Richmond contained "unconfirmed chemical substances."

Reel says investigators don't know if the package of candy was tampered with and more will be known when laboratory test results come back within days.

See this story on www.wcpo.com

AROUND THE WEB

  1. 1
    Neurologist and Writer Oliver Sacks Dies at 82
  2. 2
    What "Games Of Thrones" Characters Look Like In The Books
  3. 3
    Three Injured In Head-On Collision In Norman
  4. 4
    Chicago’s Polish Triangle
  5. 5
    How to fly cross country without using airports
+ show more

FEATURED JOBS



× Trending around the web Article