Two Moore Schools in Shambles
Moore's Technology Center, where workers maintain and repair the district's computers and high-tech educational tools, was a total loss.
Those schools are Bryant Elementary School, 9400 S Bryant; Earlywine Elementary School, 12800 S May; Central Junior High School, 400 N Broadway; and Moore High School, 400 N Eastern.
One injured Moore school employee was Charlotte Jefferies, whose Eastlake patio home was destroyed.
A widow for 11 years, Jefferies is language coordinator for the Moore district. She and her cocker spaniel, Poppy, were pulled by other neighbors from the rubble of her home.
"It's gone. It's all gone. I don't know what you can do in a situation like this!
"When the house went, I choked on insulation," Jefferies said. A sofa landed on
top of her. "I have a strong need to go
back, but I know that there is nothing
there," she said from Graceway Baptist
Church, 1100 SW 104.
Staff writer Clytie Bunyan contributed to this report.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 90293Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 14176Bradley Cooper, Zach Galifianakis, Ed Helms drink in success of 'Hangover' series
- 8859Oklahoma tornadoes: Rams quarterback Sam Bradford leading aid effort
- 7859Hobby Lobby argues case before federal judges
- 7626Oklahoma tornadoes: ‘All I could do was sit there and hold her'
- 7605How to help tornado victims
- 6854OKC Thunder: Kevin Durant tours Moore, meets with residents