Two Oklahoma cases of embezzlement violate trust of victims
Dora Ezzell, 67, pleaded guilty to embezzling more than $63,000 from a dog breeder’s club; Brian Austin, 42, admitted spending more than $1,000 raised by Little Leaguers to pay bills
The request seemed innocent enough to the parents of Little League Baseball players from Nicoma Park.
Coach Brian Austin and a woman thought to be his wife met with the team in March 2011 and announced plans for a fundraiser.
The players would sell chicken, sausage and bacon and raise enough money to pay for equipment, tournament entry fees and a party at the end of the season.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 10394Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 9157Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 5761Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4888Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4371Oklahoma City pastor will face trial in fatal shooting of son-in law
- 4162How to help tornado victims
- 4108Oklahoma tornadoes: Lack of storm shelters floors newcomers to Tornado Alley