Two Oklahoma men are among four killed in fiery Kansas plane crash
All four who died in a Kansas plane crash, plus the lone survivor, have ties to Oral Roberts University. The group was headed to a Christian youth conference in Iowa when plane went down.
Contact with the plane was lost shortly after air traffic control authorized a descent to a lower altitude, Knudson said.
The transportation safety board is investigating the accident, and a preliminary report will be issued within 10 business days.
The five people on the plane were headed to a Christian youth conference in Iowa, according to a statement issued Saturday by Texas-
Luce is daughter of Teen Mania founder, Ron Luce, a member of the Oral Roberts Board of Trustees.
Anderson and Luth recently were hired for the organization's marketing staff. Coble had been on 15 previous mission trips for the organization. Anderson was also a staff sergeant in the U.S. Marine Corps who served two tours in Iraq, according to a statement.
Contributing: The Tulsa World.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11641Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11150Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7793Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7658Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4653Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4189OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3570Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit