Copyright ©2012 The Associated Press. Produced by NewsOK.com All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten, or redistributed.
The quake was about 11 miles east of Oklahoma City and 4 miles south, southeast of Spencer. Another 2.9-magnitude earthquake was reported at the same time as the Midwest City area one. The other one was 7 miles south, southwest of Prague in Pottawatomie County, the U.S. Geological Survey reports.
Two small earthquakes reported in central Oklahoma
MIDWEST CITY -- A small earthquake was felt overnight, the U.S. Geological Survey reports.
MIDWEST CITY -- A small earthquake was felt overnight, the U.S. Geological Survey reports.A 2.9-magnitude quake was reported about 11:51 p.m. Monday 3 miles east, southeast of Midwest City and 3 miles south of Nicoma Park, the U.S Geological Survey reports.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 35659Oklahoma weather: Crews work to clear storm damage in Oklahoma City as the state braces for severe weather Sunday.
- 30844Oklahoma Severe Storm Updates
- 14359Tornado levels homes in trailer park
- 7518Wild hogs continue to be a growing menace across Oklahoma
- 6442OKC Thunder GM Sam Presti won't amnesty Kendrick Perkins
- 3625College football: Coaches, athletes weigh in on NCAA's suspended recruiting proposals
- 3531Student shot dead during botched home invasion