Two women are accused of shoplifting cookware in Oklahoma City
Two women were arrested after a Macy's manager said they tried to steal $1,220 worth of cooking merchandise, Oklahoma City police reported.
Two women were arrested after a Macy's manager reported they tried to leave the store with $1,220 in merchandise, Oklahoma City police said.
Lashell Ruth Sampson, 21, was arrested Tuesday on a larceny of merchandise complaint. Diamond Star Dixon, 22, was arrested on complaints of larceny of merchandise and grand larceny.
The Macy's manager told police he saw Sampson and Dixon take a 12-piece cookware set, a KitchenAid mixer worth $600 and a Calphalon pot worth $500, according to the report.
Police found the Calphalon pot in Dixon's car, and she told them, “It's not ours. I don't know where it came from,” according to the report.
Both were taken to the Oklahoma County jail.
See our commenting and posting policy.
News Photo Galleriesview all
- 11867Oklahoma tornadoes: Plaza Towers Elementary School teacher shoved students into bathroom as wall collapsed
- 11199Oklahoma tornadoes: Cost, custom keep basements scarce
- 7813Finding Addyson – One family's struggle in the Moore tornado
- 7743Oklahoma tornadoes: The 'Big Dog,' the little boy and the hug that triumphs over tragedy
- 4737Downtown wish list includes Super Target
- 4255OU softball: Sooners inspired by Casey Angle, run-rule Texas A&M
- 3606Miranda Lambert, Reba McEntire, Vince Gill to join Blake Shelton at "Healing in the Heartland" Oklahoma tornado benefit